Welcome to North Boone CUSD 200’s Website!
Welcome to the North Boone Website. North Boone Community Unit School District 200 serves approximately 1750 students in pre-school through high school in the villages of Caledonia, Capron and Poplar Grove as well as the northern tier of unincorporated Boone County, Illinois. The district serves some of its students in cooperation with the Boone County Special Education Cooperative.
The Mission of the North Boone educational community is to provide students with exceptional experiences that continuously develop their minds and character, fostering life-long learning and responsible citizenship. Click here to view our Strategic Plan.
Find out more about how North Boone teachers are helping students become Future Ready
Setting up PowerSchool parent access for the first time? Watch the video above to see how.
Already have an account and want to change or add students to it? Watch the video above for help.
5Essentials is an evidence-based system designed to drive improvement in schools nationwide—it reliably measures changes in a school organization through the 5Essentials Survey and provides individualized, actionable Reports for each school. The 5Essentials system is based on more than 20 years of research by the University of Chicago Consortium on School Research on five components found to be critical for school success:
- Effective Leaders: The principal works with teachers to implement a clear and strategic vision for school success.
- Collaborative Teachers: Teachers collaborate to promote professional growth..
- Involved Families: The entire school staff builds strong relationships with families and communities to support learning.
- Supportive Environment: The school is safe and orderly. Teachers have high expectations for students and support students to realize their goals. Classmates also support one another.
- Ambitious Instruction: Classes are academically demanding and engage students by emphasizing the application of knowledge.
Watch the video below, or click here for more info!